top of page


Do all of your adoptable dogs have their shots and are they spayed/neutered?

     - Yes. Before our rescue dogs are made available they are given Bordetella, DHLPP, and Rabies. They are also spayed/neutered, tested for heart worm, and micro chipped.


Can I surrender my dog to HSAR?

     - If your dog was adopted from HSAR you must surrender it to us. However, if your dog was not adopted from HSAR, you may try surrendering your pet to your local county shelter or ASPCA. You may also consider re-homing it yourself on social media or by using this Adopt a Pet link. Simply click the link to get started. You can choose to have the re-homing fee go toward our rescue as a donation if you would like. Here is information about how Rehome works. Here are some Pet Owner FAQ

I found a stray dog, what can I do?

     - You may contact Plumas County Animal Control: (530) 283-3673, or Lassen County Animal Control: (530) 257- 0488 depending on where you are located. If you would like to bring a dog to HSAR to scan for a chip we can do that but we cannot hold the dog at our facility.


Where do the dogs at HSAR come from?

     - Almost all of our dogs come from Plumas County Animal Shelter and Lassen County Animal Shelter.

bottom of page